Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tip for Keeping You Organized

Instead of a recipe this week, I wanted to share how I keep myself organized for the week with meals. Since school is starting up soon, many of us do not have time to think about what we are going to have for dinner, let alone going to the grocery store and getting ingredients. This is what I do to keep myself organized, save time and prevent myself from ordering out.

On Sundays, I look through various cookbooks and recipes and make a menu for the week of dinners that I would like to have. I use a small white board that I keep on my fridge and write down the days of the week and the meal that I will make that night for dinner. I try to look for recipes that have similar ingredients so my grocery list is not a mile long. I then make my grocery list and write down all the ingredients I will need for the week. When I get home from a long day of teaching, I know that dinner is planned and I have all the ingredients I need. I hope this helps some of you through the beginning part of the year!

From Boo's kitchen to Yours, ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. Boo thanks for the great tip. I am off to the eye doctor today and I am going to buy a white board I can stick on my fridge to do meal planning. I was back at school for two days, and when I got home I was tired and didn't know what to cook. This tip will make my life easier and I will be able to add some variety by planning ahead. It was fun being your blog partner! Have a wonderful new school year! Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Boo! My brain is totally unorganized when it comes to cooking. What I spend and hour on, you could probably whip up in 10 minutes.

    Now that I'm "almost" done with Lesley, I plan to cook more. I usually use time on Sunday evenings to do my couponing. I guess I can combine and plan meals also.

    Thanks a lot for sharing. I hope you continue to blog!

    Happy school year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip! I am guilty of eating out simply because I am too tired to think about cooking dinner. I think having a plan and the ingredients ready will definitely help. Sometimes I feel like I'm running to the store everyday for one little thing.

    ReplyDelete